Sunday 14 July 2013

Dating Siberia

Hello, Chums.
I think there comes a time in every teen's life when they don't fancy anyone, nobody fancies them, and they are at a stalemate with boy kind. If you are one of those lucky bums who has a new boyfriend every month then stop reading now.
For the rest of us Singletons, I have some thoughts to share with you.
It seems that we are in Dating Siberia which, like the film Casablanca, is the waiting-room for Bigger and Better things (i.e. either a relationship or a lifetime as a cool singleton).
Dating Siberia can be as fun or as restless as you want it to be.
I see it as a liberating place where we can do whatever we want to. But that's just me!
However, as part of The 18-Bucket List (list of things i want to do before I turn 18 in 4 months' time) I need to get out of Dating Siberia and go on a date with a nice and fun and funny boy who cares about me and will take me to the beach.

I haven't been on a date since... Nice Guy. He was the boy who took me out but we had nothing in common. As in, Shakespeare and Channing Tatum were better suited than me and him.
And since him I have just been drunkenly kissing horrible boys (although none since Curly Haired Guy which was 4 months' ago! Gals, I'm starting to forget how kissing works. Are there lips involved?)

One way that girls my age get out of Dating Siberia is by having sex. I personally know of girls my age who have done this and now have boyfriends. For instance, there was a couple at my school who had casual sex and have now taken their FWB to a boyfriend/girlfriend stage. Then there is Knight, the Knobhead who bitchslapped my heart. He recently went on holiday with his ex and they probably had sex and now they are back together and out of Dating Siberia. Therefore, casual sex could be the way forward.

HOWEVER, I am not like most girls. I find the idea of drunken casual sex as appealing as a donner kebab dipped in strawberry milkshake.
It isn't something that I will attempt. But I won't judge anyone who does try it! Unfortunately, I am the last of the breed of the Hopeless Romantics, although many of you know that I am usually just Hopeless.

Keep you posted,
Grammar Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment