Sunday 21 April 2013

Reasons Not to be Friends With Benefits

For those of who can't remember, here's a recap of Rockerfella: he is a boy I met in year 11 (last year) and he was very flirty but I was not attracted to him so we stayed friends and he went and got a string of girlfriends whilst I pined after Knight. He gave me hilarious relationship advice (i.e. "just get with everyone, darling, enjoy being single") and now he's back.
But now he's single.
And everything seems to have changed. Personally, I know that I am not attracted to RF - he doesn't have the same sense of humour as me, and sometimes he rabbits on about stuff I'm not interested in. But yesterday, a week after his girlfriend dumped him, he texted me out of the blue and we started catching up. And then he asked me the Cringey Question that every gal hopes her guy friend will never ask her: Would I consider Friends With Benefits?!

Well, obviously not! And here are my reasons:
1. It would make me feel cheap.
2. I'm a hopeless romantic and I'd have to love or be extremely attracted to the guy to do anything with him.
3. RF is not my type and just thinking about that with him makes me cringe!
4. If a guy doesn't want to be your boyfriend and change that Facebook relationship status from 'single' to 'in a relationship' then he's really Not That Into You.
5. Guys take what they want and then leave - a boyfriend could do this, too, but it's more stable than Friends with Benefits.
6. It would ruin the friendship.
7. One of you may develop feelings for the other (see Friends With Benefits or No Strings Attached for proof) which would make things awkward.

Is this all that's on offer now? Have I gone from having a boy I truly loved, who never laid a finger on me (except to pick me up or hug me and kiss my forehead) to having cringey manwhores (i.e. Curly Haired Guy and Dan The Loverat and Shy Guy and Tree) and boring guys (i.e. Rockerfella and Nice Guy) vying for my attention (or, in the case of the manwhores, bitchslapping my heart)?!!!

It appears that I am still cynical. Sigh.
Keep you posted,
Grammar Gal xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment