Tuesday 20 November 2012

Exception & The Rule

In the case that you haven't watched He's Just Not that Into You I feel I should give you the low-down.
The Rule is...the rule. It's the general way things are in a relationship. Here are some rules that I thought I was The Exception to:

A. You can't get off with a boy and then date him. EXCEPTION: a couple at my school got off together and now they're dating. I AM THE RULE: Awkwardly running away from Tree at school after we got together at Halloween.  If a boy gets with you at a party and this is the first time he's met you he will probably Love You And Leave You.

B. You can't ask a boy out. EXCEPTION - In every film you watch the girl asks the guy out and he says 'yes' and they hit it off - i.e. Sleepless in Seattle. RULE - When I asked out Prince he didn't reply. Asking out the guy will intimidate him and make you look too eager.

C. It is difficult/impossible to date your best boy friend successfully. EXCEPTION - Films like Perks of Being a Wallflower, or a couple at my school who were friends first or Monica and Chandler in Friends. RULE - Knight and I failed. Disastrously. It's bloody difficult to go from friends to more-than-friends but if you're both in the right place at the right time it can work.

D. You cannot rekindle a love/be friends with an ex when the boy has a girlfriend. EXCEPTION - When Edward gets back with Bella in New Moon when she's practically with Jacob. RULE - My failed attempt to start talking to Knight again which resulted in him changing his relationship status to "is in a relationship with [Enter his girlfriend's name]" and then he commented and said "just in case it weren't clear". Eurgh. When he has a girlfriend he is not looking for any reminders of his past and he's not looking for another love interest. So give up.

E. Boys will not give you their coat if you're chilly. EXCEPTION - E-v-e-r-y single chick flick & Giraffe and his old girlfriend, the Ladybird (these are nicknames from aaaages ago - 4 years!!) RULE - When I told Knight I was feeling chilly he gave me a hug but no jacket was offered. If you're cold then he'd probably cold too so he will not want to give you his coat. End of.

Think that sums up most of this stuff,
Keep you posted,
Grammar Gal xxx

P.S. Z said he likes "good girls" but finds them too "frigid"... And the verdict is...? Bazz reckons he's just being a normal teenage boy but....the jury's out for me. Do I want to be with a guy that objectifies women by these standards?
But, then, he's so cute and lovely.
Grrrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment