Saturday 10 November 2012

Boy for a Day

This whole asking people out thing.
It's terrifying.
I know that there have been a lot of female liberation movements - the vote, equality in work opportunities, paying for our own meals... But the tradition of boys asking girls out? They can keep that.
I've been trying for 2 days now to get the courage to casually ask Prince to the cinema and each time I have failed. The Sister Suffragettes are probably rolling in their graves as we speak.
The thing is, it is mindblowingly scary
A. What if they turn you down?
B. What if they agree out of pity?
C. What if they agree and then stand you up?
D. What if you come across too eager?
E. What if the date is beyond awkward because they don't really want to be there?

You can see my dilemma.
And so (hanging my head in shame as I type this) I give up.
I am no good at chasing people; I am a quitter.
Please forgive me, chums
Grammar Gal xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment