Wednesday 5 September 2012

Can you blame this cynic?

It seems that some things haven't changed since the 1800s - such as, mothers trying to help their daughters find a partner. Mark this date in your calendars: September 14th I'm off to Prince's party where apparently there's a "good-looking", "single" and "outgoing" boy who shall whisk me away into the sunset.
I hope my sarcasm is transferring via the internet.
It's not that I'm a cynic - I am actually a glass-half full kind of gal, but lately things haven't been on the up-and-up boy-wise. Every boy that has looked twice at me has made Mr Collins look like Hugh Grant. The Supremes said You Can't Hurry Love but who knew that finding Mr Right would be such a long process?!
Which reminds me: today was my first day at sixth form. The people I briefly met seemed nice (especially my form) but I hope to do more mingling tomorrow.
Even though I remain adamant that I wouldn't want to date a sixthformer, there were no Fishing Opportunities and I'll explain why...
See, in my sixth form year there are around...5 or 6 decent looking boys (no, they are no rivals to the Rat Pack but they are decent enough) and they have been snapped up by some girls already (you know, the ones whose hair are always perfect and who never cock things up disastrously like someone we know...). So I see no point in trying to get in there - each boy has a 10metre radius of girls vying for their attention so why bother? True, all I want is a studybuddy but I think that when guys reach a certain age, they are looking for more than that...
But this is why I love John Hughes' films - they are ridiculously realistic. I just watched Sixteen Candles and one of the characters was the epitome of Creepy Guy on holiday, David, and you can identify with the main girl in it. My point is, his films aren't typical "girl-meets-boy" and they aren't "cute" - if you've ever seen The Breakfast Club then you'll see that Molly Ringwald and that guy don't exactly have a romantic relationship (they scream abuse at each other and then right at the end they get together for no apparent reason - it's still and awesome film)
Anyways, I need to get some sleep - it's 11pm and I need to get up at the ungodly hour of 6:15 :O
Keep you posted,
Grammar Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment