Friday 13 July 2012

Retail Therapy & Release your inner American: NYC Day 3

On day 3 I woke up missing Knight which was plain silly considering he has a girlfriend and I was in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Nonetheless I needed therapy: retail therapy. So that's what we did - we spent. Michael Kors, Guess, Abercrombie, Zara, Urban Outfitters... And who knew that shopping - even if it's just window shopping in places - could be so fun?!
We shopped for 7 HOURS - the longest I have ever voluntarily shopped in my life. By the end of it my wallet was weeping, my feet were aching and we were both feeling pretty exhausted. When we got back to the hotel the hotel staff asked us out for a drink (which was nice of them) but, of course, you have to be 21 which we're not... But instead of calling it an early night we went up the Empire State Building.
It was beautiful. The lights were twinkling and these massive flies were flying (no shit, Sherlock!) around and looking bizarrely cute. We both enjoyed ourselves but not as much as this preppy American couple - they were REALLY excited - as in, they were having pictures taken with the people working there and taking pictures of the lift/elevator and gushing about their excitement. It was really sweet and I've come to realise that this is the Stereotypical American - very bubbly and happy. So I urge y'all - and myself included - to release your inner American. Sure, I wasn't in the best of moods when I went up the Empire State, what with the tiredness, but in future we must all release our preppy kid from the USA that lives within us all :')
I realised when we got back to the hotel that I am only able to really release my Inner Preppy American when I'm with Knight which is inconvenient since he's with his girlfriend no. Then thoughts about him and her sharing a tent at Reading creeped into my thoughts and stayed there for the rest of the night. That, combined with the blue flashy light, made sleep impossible that night meaning I wasn't exactly fresh in the morning for the  journey home...

No comments:

Post a Comment