Friday 13 July 2012

Bright Lights Syndrome & Journey home: NYC Day 4

Well, we packed uber-quickly in the morning and then we went off to Central Park (taking a taxi there because you know what they say: 'When in Rome do as the Romans do...'). Central Park was just as I remembered it from my last visit to NYC and was also gorgeous. But instead of exploring the park, we sat down and read. Classic Grammar Gals that we are :')
Well I discovered as we left the park and I saw the multitude of yellow cabs going by, that I had fallen in love with New York (cliché as it is) and that I'd developed Bright Lights Syndrome (I love the beauty of it). Nonetheless it was time to go home.
The plane journey was...well, most of the plane was filled with Americans so it was quite interesting to eavesdrop on their conversations. Apparently one guy was being excluded from a group but he 'didn't care'. At first I thought I was going to kill the two American girls behind us who kept kicking our chairs and complaining about
1. The plane pillow being too hard
2. The plane not going fast enough
3. The plane taking so long for lift-off
4. The noise the plane was making

However, once the plane was off I stuck in my iPod and all was well :')

So, that sums up my trip to New York! I'm afraid I'm pretty tired so I'm aware I've missed out quite a lot but, in a nutshell, it was an awesome trip and I'll totally return when I'm 21... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment