Saturday 28 July 2012

Mission Impossible: Prince Plan

Sorry I haven't written in a while; I've been de-cluttering my life - a.k.a. de-Knighting my phone's Inbox.
But now that's done, I've ventured outside my house. So far I haven't had another Fishing Trip (but give me time!!) and RF has cancelled our meeting up to "practise for his diploma" (what the hell's a diploma, anyway?!).
Today my Ma told me we were going to go and have our nails done in this new polish called...Shellac I think? It's a UV paint that sticks on your nails for weeks without chipping a.k.a. Magic. Well, I was told that Prince's Mum's friend was going to do it, so I expected we would drive to her house. Naturally, therefore, I was non-plussed that I had overslept and thereby didn't have time to wash my greasy-to-the-touch hair. Instead I stuck a cap on. Similarly, I took 2 minutes choosing my outfit - a pair of blue jeans and a black "Girl Power" top which I've had for 4 years and amazingly still fits. Likewise, I couldn't care less when I somehow smeared deodrant down the side of the t-shirt whilst in a franctic rush to get ready.
You can imagine my surprise, therefore, when - to my horror - my mother tells me we are going to Prince's house. Oh, yes. I went to Prince's house dressed like a hobo.
Thankfully he didn't come down the stairs for a looong time - although, that did create a lot of suspense. My head kept switching to the door whenever I heard the stairs creaking, in case it was him but, to my dismay, it was usually his cat.
My heart started acting like it was on speed when I looked up and saw him there in the doorway. I couldn't think of a single thing to say so I just smiled like a goof.
And he didn't say anything to me, but went into the kitchen to tease my Ma. Without thinking I followed him to the kitchen and "poured myself a drink" even though I had no intention of drinking whatever substance I was pouring into the cup. Instead I just looked at Prince and let my heart beat away at a speed that would rival the cars on Top Gear.
I texted Bazz since I was, once again, under Prince's spell even though I didn't say a word to him and he left minutes later to go to his football match. We've named the mission to get to know Prince better Mission Impossible because I don't think even Tom Cruise would be able to crack this code.
I'm sure there are other people like me out there who have major crushes on "family friends" - a.k.a. people that are Off Bounds. So, what's a girl to do?
Who knows? I'm seeing Bazz later on so we'll be able to talk then.
If I'm honest I'm just over the moon that I'm no longer moping over a certain Knob...
Keep you posted,
Grammar Gal xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment