Friday 1 June 2012

Oh, such a STATE

Today I look like a cross between a hobo who has been sleeping rough and a Bromley chav (all I'm missing is a Just Do It bag and loads of fake designer items). Today I thought I'd put on a healthy dose of make-up because my face has been naked for quite some time. Little did I know that I cannot put on make-up to save my life. Needless to say, therefore, my face is a cross between orange and white and my neck is red raw from where I've tried to scrape off the offensive substance that is foundation.
Sigh.
Doesn't make things better that I had two choices this morning: to wear my really uncomfortable skirts (as in, my diaphragm is cut off by them) or to throw on my skirt that I wore a few weeks back, left on the floor of my wardrobe and is consequently creased. Bugger. It was a tricky decision but, hey, us Brits are known for putting comfort first.
Then my hair was refusing to co-operate this morning and so we had a little dispute and I've put it up in a high ponytail to keep away from my face. Only trouble is that I cannot do a high ponytail to save my life, so whilst I was trying to look uber-sophisticated, I now look even more like a chav than ever, with hair sticking up all over the place.
So, just to recap: My face is orange/white, my neck is red raw, my skirt is ridiculously creased and my hair is sticking up.

And now I have to take an exam!?
Keep you posted when my friends/family disown me,
Grammar Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment