Wednesday 2 May 2012

It is a truth universally acknowledged...

...that seeing your ex is never easy.
I'm not 100% sure if this rule applies to me - but I saw Beaver today and it was very uncomfortable. I am adamant that we didn't go out, and I know he only wanted to date me because he
A. Wanted a girlfriend
B. Liked the fact we live down each other's road
C. Was having a bet with his friends.

However, things are still awkward when one runs into one's "ex". Especially if it's on a bus and they're sitting down with their new girlfriend and you stand there, trying not to stare. I managed this by turning my back to them. But then there's the dilemma of one's general posture. I didn't want to appear slocuhy so I stood up, squeezed in my bum and stood there (putting all of my concentration into not falling over when the evil bus driver made 180 degree turns).
It was only when they left the bus and walked off hand-in-hand that I realised my skirt was on back-to-front.
Classic.
His girlfriend is just so intimidating. She's blond, curvy (in all the right places damn her) and was the object of Giraffe's (a.k.a. the permanently displeased bastard) affection.
Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment