Wednesday 11 January 2012

The Holiday Romance that Never Happened...

Whilst reading Pride and Prejudice today there was a part where they are all dancing and it brought back a random and sudden memory of my holiday to Italy last year. We were staying on a beautiful little hotel and there was a hotel dance one night and this boy caught my eye, it has to be said. However, I reminded myself that holiday romances only ever happen in you are a Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, and don't occur in real life.
Little did I know that this blond-haired, blue-eyed wonder had apparently had his eye on me, to such an extent that his mum came up to me and told me this and that he wanted to dance with me. I was completely taken aback, obviously wanted to dance with him but definitely did not want to do it in front of my parents who were just...so embarrassing and acting like they were 10 years old, making kissing noises and winking at me.
So, I didn't have time to answer before the Heart Throb walked away into the shrubbery in the hotel. I walked away and had hoped to find him there so that we could have a romantic moment away from our family. But I couldn't find him. By the time I returned to my table, he and his family had disappeared, my mother (Who had been acting like Mrs Bennet about the whole affair - desperate to marry me off, as it were) declared how the boy had been "crushed". Let's just remember that I would have said yes, had he not run away!!
And then he and his family apparently left the day after next and I never saw him again.
It was so tragic - like Romeo and Juliet except that we never talked to each other or snogged or married or had sex or died...
Ah, woe is life, I wish I could go back in time! He was an utterly gorgeous babe and now he'd gone and Knight the Knob is nowhere to be seen and I flat-out refuse to talk to him unless intoxicated. Bastard.
Grammar Gal xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment