Tuesday 25 September 2012

New Approach Needed

I know I said I was going to give up on Z because
A. He's waaay out of my league (literally, it would be like Prince Harry dating Amy Childs)
B. He's too popular and sociable (whereas I like to organise my post-its in my free time...)
C. He told me that my face is more defined since we last met (which is either an awful compliment or a slightly rubbish insult)

I marched to my bus stop full of determination that I would not find him attractive and would carry on with my life.
Of course I didn't succeed in this endeavour.
Z is gorgeous. But, more than that, he's lovely.
Lovely + gorgeous = yum.

So I may have a tiny crush on Z. But, let's be honest, it's never going to amount to anything unless I can say something to his face. This is problematic for me because I only talk to popular people when
1. On Facebook (it's a lot less embarrassing).
2. Drunk (but, then again, I talk to lamposts when I'm drunk)

So far this week, my physical contact with Z has included me meeting his gaze this morning, dropping it straight away and subsequently playing with my hair and cursing myself for being such a num. Call me pessimistic, but I don't think that this method is going to get him to ask me out.

So prepare for my Plan: I'm considering asking him out for a "casual" coffee on Sunday. This will give us that chance to "catch up" in person and for me to decide whether I fancy him. So it all rests on this hypothetical date.

But let's not get carried away with ourselves- I have to actually ask him out first. How the hell am I going to do that when social interaction with boys is my kryptonite (well, that and bikini shopping...) ??
Wish me luck,
Grammar Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment