Tuesday 25 October 2011

To be blonde or not to be blonde: That is the question

The other day I read a magazine article that said "Only blondes can ever achieve sex appeal". Being a natural brunette myself I am rather offended by that! I mean, it can't be true, can it? Look at Audrey Hepburn and Megan Fox (a pair that I never thought would be mentioned in the same sentence...) - they were/are both beautiful and also brunette - and I swear that Megan Fox was voted Sexiest Woman in the world or something. Take that stupid magazine article!
However, there may be some sort of truth in it. For example, I was reading a magazine the other day and it was talking about some designer or something and the article started with "Blonde, beautiful and talented - who could ask for more?" which shows that her being blonde is a good quality. With beautiful people like Keira Knightley, their brown hair is never complimented! 
It might be something to do with the American influence on our society. If all we see on TV are sit-coms about beautiful blonde cheerleaders then this is obviously going to be how we want to look. 
The other day I was watching Daybreak (not as good as GMTV I have to admit) and there was this woman on there whose hairdresser dyed her hair blonde and it went really wrong - falling out etc.. Ever since that day, I've been turned off the idea of dying my whole head blonde (besides I HATE change and I would probably cry when I did not wake up to a mass of my brown hair in my face) but I'm considering getting caramel highlights or something to spice things up. ALL of my friends are brunette and I really want to try a change, so wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment